Overview: With businesses facing an existential crisis and municipalities cutting budgets in 2020, UPMOs were forced to take the lead on triage and recovery. This session will explain how the pandemic experience and crisis management can translate into a permanent and lasting role in economic development.
- Learn how UPMOs can elevate their role in economic development over the longer term.
- Become familiar with the specific programs and initiatives that comprise this role.
- Understand how UPMOs can access additional funding for such purposes.
November 5, 2021 | 11:15am ET (8:15am PT)
Domain: Economic Development
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
CM | 1
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for this webinar. More information about AICP’s CM program can be found here.
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Michael Berne, President, MJB Consulting (Berkeley, CA)
- Tim Rissesco, MBA, Executive Director, Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission (Nova Scotia)
- Ashley Kershner, Executive Director, Downtown Lynchburg Association (VA)
- Carolyn Dellutri, Director of Professional Development, International Downtown Association (IDA)
Registration information: When registering for a webinar, please complete the sign-up as yourself and not your organization. If additional staff would like to attend the same webinar, each individual must register as themselves to receive their unique login link. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDA is committed to making our educational sessions accessible to everyone, regardless of ability, and to reasonably accommodating the assistive needs of our members, attendees and partners. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our offerings. In so doing, we strive to comply with the available standards and guidelines under the Americans with Disabilities Act and related laws to the greatest extent possible. If you are having trouble accessing an IDA offering, or have a question regarding session accessibility features, please contact IDA at email@example.com for assistance.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.