Overview: Public safety is at the heart of the work of many UPMOs, but combatting negative perceptions and the reality of public safety in downtowns and urban districts is challenging. Learn from two organizations that have interwoven public safety into the organization’s work – from embedding safety into all of operations work to how small physical changes and activations can deter negative behaviors.
- Learn techniques for creating a sense of security in the district
- Understand how tactical urbanism and crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED) can encourage positive behaviors in districts
- Apply public safety strategies to urban districts of all sizes and budgets
Friday, June 10, 2022 | 12:00pm ET (9:00am PT)
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Albert M. Sanchez, Vice President – Public Safety & Field Operations, Downtown Dallas, Inc., Dallas, TX
- Ben Shardlow, Director of Urban Design, Minneapolis Downtown Council & MPLS Downtown Improvement District, Minneapolis, MN
- Cathy Lin, AICP, Director of Research, IDA
LPM | 1 IDA LPM professionals can earn credit hours for this webinar. More information about IDA’s Leadership in Place Management certification program can be found here.
Registration information: When registering for a webinar, please complete the sign-up as yourself and not your organization. If additional staff would like to attend the same webinar, each individual must register as themselves to receive their unique login link. Questions? Email email@example.com.
IDA is committed to making our educational sessions accessible to everyone, regardless of ability, and to reasonably accommodating the assistive needs of our members, attendees and partners. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our offerings. In so doing, we strive to comply with the available standards and guidelines under the Americans with Disabilities Act and related laws to the greatest extent possible. If you are having trouble accessing an IDA offering, or have a question regarding session accessibility features, please contact IDA at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.