Overview: Urban place management organizations are increasingly at the forefront of emergency preparedness. Today, UPMOs are working closer than ever with members, security and building managers, police and fire departments and government emergency professionals to ensure a safe and secure district.
Hear from expert panelists on their approach to planning, training and communication strategies that can be scaled for any size district. Speakers will examine the role of relationships and partnerships as well as the roles that staff take and the responsibility to commercial property owners. This webinar will examine some direct cases that are relevant to today’s evolving nature of the very definition of an “emergency.”
August 21, 2020 | 11:15am ET (8:15am PT)
- The role of communications before, during and after an event or disaster.
- Understand the role of an alert system and how/when to use it effectively.
- How to develop planning exercises that translate into actionable strategies.
- Tips on training of staff and partners
- Perspectives on data collection and CCTV systems.
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for this webinar. More information about AICP’s CM program can be found here.
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Patrick Powell, Senior Director of Operations and Preparedness, Golden Triangle BID (Washington, DC)
- Rosemarie E. Sansone, President and CEO, Downtown Boston BID (Boston, MA)
- David Downey, President & CEO, International Downtown Association (IDA)
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.