Overview: HUD’s Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program provides Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) recipients with the ability to leverage their annual grant allocation to access low-cost, flexible financing for economic development, housing, public facility and infrastructure projects. CDBG Recipients can expand access to capital, by relending these funds to organizations in their communities. Organizations can use these funds to support central business districts, retail/office manufacturing, small businesses financing, mixed-use properties and business retention as a few examples. Join this Advancing Places webinar to learn more.
- Learn the mechanics of HUD’s Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program, including terms and programmatic and financial requirements.
- Explore how HUD’s Section 108 financing can be used by businesses.
- Hear examples from the HUD Section 108 portfolio of how specific businesses have tapped into HUD’s Section 108 financing
Friday, August 12, 2022 | 12:00pm ET (9:00am PT)
Domain: Economic Development
Pricing: IDA Members and Nonmembers: Free
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Robin Keegan, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Economic Development, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Seema Thomas, Deputy Director, Financial Management Division (FMD), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Jorge Morales, Loan Origination Lead, Financial Management Division (FMD), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Sean Dennihy-Bailey, Community Development and Planning Specialist, Financial Management Division (FMD), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- David Downey, President & CEO, IDA
LPM | 1 IDA LPM professionals can earn credit hours for this webinar. More information about IDA’s Leadership in Place Management certification program can be found here.
CM | 1 AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for this webinar. More information about AICP’s CM program can be found at www.planning.org/cm
Registration information: When registering for a webinar, please complete the sign-up as yourself and not your organization. If additional staff would like to attend the same webinar, each individual must register as themselves to receive their unique login link. Questions? Email email@example.com.
IDA is committed to making our educational sessions accessible to everyone, regardless of ability, and to reasonably accommodating the assistive needs of our members, attendees and partners. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our offerings. In so doing, we strive to comply with the available standards and guidelines under the Americans with Disabilities Act and related laws to the greatest extent possible. If you are having trouble accessing an IDA offering, or have a question regarding session accessibility features, please contact IDA at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.