Overview: Join this session and explore how downtown managers can foster better downtown retail environments with advanced techniques of placemaking and design. We will learn from two seasoned professionals whose expertise in placemaking, and retail design has created tools for more active people environments to support retailers.
- Introduce a new set of sophisticated programming and design techniques relevant to projects of many kinds.
- Reveal practices being used in private retail environments that can be transferred to public streetscapes and downtown spaces.
- Summarize this knowledge into principles for working with planning and design consultants to get the right results.
Friday, April 8, 2022 | 12:00pm ET (9:00am PT)
Domain: Economic Development
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Tim Mount, Co-Owner, Street-Works Studio, Port Chester, NY
- Phil Myrick, CEO, Phil Myrick, LLC, Pleasantville, NY
- Carolyn L. Dellutri, CTP, CMSM, Director of Professional Development, IDA
LPM | 1 IDA LPM professionals can earn credit hours for this webinar. More information about IDA’s Leadership in Place Management certification program can be found here.
Registration information: When registering for a webinar, please complete the sign-up as yourself and not your organization. If additional staff would like to attend the same webinar, each individual must register as themselves to receive their unique login link. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDA is committed to making our educational sessions accessible to everyone, regardless of ability, and to reasonably accommodating the assistive needs of our members, attendees and partners. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our offerings. In so doing, we strive to comply with the available standards and guidelines under the Americans with Disabilities Act and related laws to the greatest extent possible. If you are having trouble accessing an IDA offering, or have a question regarding session accessibility features, please contact IDA at email@example.com for assistance.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.