Overview: The winter of 2020 promises to be a long one, especially for the small businesses forced to operate with reduced customer capacity due to COVID-19. There are choices and recommendations we can make to help business and communities outlast the pandemic – by embracing the idea of the winter city.
The economic need is urgent and cannot be understated. We can make our streets, parks, and plazas great places to be for all four seasons and create space for our businesses and communities to thrive through the winter months. Learn winter city design best practices and ideas from around the globe that you can implement immediately in your city or town.
CM Credits: CM | 1
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for this webinar. More information about AICP’s CM program can be found here.
October 16, 2020 | 11:15am ET (8:15am PT)
Domain: Economic Development
- How winter city design translates into economic benefits all year long
- How to engage the local community to create sticky cultural activities
- How to leverage best practices from around the globe for inspiration
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Sharon Alton, Vice President of Downtown Experience, Downtown Denver Partnership (Denver, CO)
- Andrew M. Manshel , Author of “Learning from Bryant Park” (New York, NY)
- Simon O’Byrne, Senior Vice President, Business Leader, Community Development, Stantec (Edmonton, AB)
- David Downey, President & CEO, International Downtown Association
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.