Overview: Communications is an important part of our work in urban place management. Join this session with two experienced practitioners, both downtown leaders with extensive marketing & communications backgrounds, to learn how they are building relationships with media, what the media is looking for in news stories, and how to go beyond traditional media relations to take control of your district’s story. We’ll also dive into crisis communications and some tips on planning and executing an effective PR campaign.
- Discover tools and strategies to get your story and messages out into the world without a large budget.
- Understand how to plan and execute a strong PR campaign.
- Explore pitching media to get your story covered.
- Learn how to (and how not to) respond to tough media questions and crisis communications situations.
September 10, 2021 | 11:15am ET (8:15am PT)
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Kate Fenske, CEO, Downtown Winnipeg BIZ (Manitoba)
- Puneeta McBryan, Executive Director, Downtown Business Association of Edmonton (Alberta)
- David Downey, President & CEO, International Downtown Association (IDA)
Registration information: When registering for a webinar, please complete the sign-up as yourself and not your organization. If additional staff would like to attend the same webinar, each individual must register as themselves to receive their unique login link. Questions? Email email@example.com.
IDA is committed to making our educational sessions accessible to everyone, regardless of ability, and to reasonably accommodating the assistive needs of our members, attendees and partners. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our offerings. In so doing, we strive to comply with the available standards and guidelines under the Americans with Disabilities Act and related laws to the greatest extent possible. If you are having trouble accessing an IDA offering, or have a question regarding session accessibility features, please contact IDA at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.