Overview: Are you looking to expand your economic development work at your organization? Join IDA as we dive into the behind-the-scenes economic development work of the Charlotte City Center Partners team. During this case study, we will learn firsthand the year-round work of data collection, research and storytelling to produce the State of City Center Report. This living document resides on the organization’s website and is updated monthly. Learn how the work of this team enhances collaboration with economic development partners, the commercial real estate community, and existing and prospective businesses.
- Learn what data is used and what research is conducted to share with the economic development ecosystem.
- Understand the work of research, economic development and marketing as it relates to producing a graphically-designed economic development tool.
- Gain insight into how one organization works with various partners in the economic development ecosystem.
Friday, July 28, 2023 | 12:00pm ET (9:00am PT)
Domain: Economic Development
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- James LaBar, Senior Vice President of Economic Development, Charlotte Center City Partners, Charlotte, NC
- Justin McCoy, Director of Research, Charlotte City Center Partners, Charlotte, NC
- Tori Belle-Miller, Senior Graphic Designer, Charlotte Center City Partners, Charlotte, NC
- Carolyn L. Dellutri, CAE, CTP, CMSM, Director of Professional Development, IDA
LPM | 1 IDA LPM professionals can earn credit hours for this webinar. More information about IDA’s Leadership in Place Management certification program can be found here.
AICP | 1 AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for this webinar. More information about AICP’s CM program can be found at www.planning.org/cm
Registration information: When registering for a webinar, please complete the sign-up as yourself and not your organization. If additional staff would like to attend the same webinar, each individual must register as themselves to receive their unique login link. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDA is committed to making our educational sessions accessible to everyone, regardless of ability, and to reasonably accommodating the assistive needs of our members, attendees and partners. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our offerings. In so doing, we strive to comply with the available standards and guidelines under the Americans with Disabilities Act and related laws to the greatest extent possible. If you are having trouble accessing an IDA offering, or have a question regarding session accessibility features, please contact IDA at email@example.com for assistance.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.