Overview: Marketing is central to our work as downtown leaders. Understanding how media works is key to getting your message out and making sure that your community is represented in the best light possible. You’ll learn how to position yourself as a thought leader and be an effective and persuasive communicator.
- Participants will learn the key components needed to create a basic marketing and public relations program that will effectively promote your organization’s events and activities.
- Attendees will hear specific strategies and actionable tips for how to effectively pitch a story so your local media covers it.
- We will explore best practices for developing a crisis communications plan and help attendees learn how to successfully and professionally represent their organizations and community.
Friday, January 14, 2022 | 12:00pm ET (9:00am PT)
Domain: Marketing, Communications and Events
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Kimberly Bares, President and CEO, The Magnificent Mile Association, Chicago IL
- Mary-Claire Burick, President, Rosslyn Business Improvement District, Arlington, VA
- Carolyn L. Dellutri, CTP, CMSM, Director of Professional Development, IDA
Registration information: When registering for a webinar, please complete the sign-up as yourself and not your organization. If additional staff would like to attend the same webinar, each individual must register as themselves to receive their unique login link. Questions? Email email@example.com.
IDA is committed to making our educational sessions accessible to everyone, regardless of ability, and to reasonably accommodating the assistive needs of our members, attendees and partners. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our offerings. In so doing, we strive to comply with the available standards and guidelines under the Americans with Disabilities Act and related laws to the greatest extent possible. If you are having trouble accessing an IDA offering, or have a question regarding session accessibility features, please contact IDA at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.