Overview: Join this session and learn how three different organizations are incubating businesses in a pop-up environment to create immediate buzz and interest, potentially leading to long-term tenants in their district. First you will learn how one organization leveraged the districts available space to lure in burgeoning locals and international mega brands, health and wellness providers, cultural organizations and emerging culinary entrepreneurs, through a newly realized, expansive pop-up program. Next, you will learn about another pop-up program offering space and wrap-around technical assistance to innovative retailers, restaurants, entrepreneurs, makers and creatives in fashion, design, technology, food, the arts, wellness and more. And in the final presentation you will learn about a program that started in 2018 and was developed around partnerships with property owners and corporate and philanthropic sponsors to attract BIPOC business startups.
- Learn how each organization assisted with tenant-ready spaces, and who provided the buildout and paid the utilities.
- Understand the importance of having agreements between property owners, potential business owners and your organization.
- Discover strategies for activating vacant ground floor space and collaborating with your small and local business community.
October 1, 2021 | 11:15am ET (8:15am PT)
Domain: Economic Development
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
CM | 1
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for this webinar. More information about AICP’s CM program can be found here.
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Dan Collison, Director of Downtown Partnerships, Minneapolis Downtown Council (Minneapolis, MN)
- Karyn Miller, Director of Planning, Art, and Activation, Golden Triangle Business Improvement District (Washington, DC)
- Timothy F. Schmand, Executive Director, Lincoln Road Business Improvement District (Miami, FL)
- Carolyn Dellutri, Director of Professional Development, International Downtown Association (IDA)
Registration information: When registering for a webinar, please complete the sign-up as yourself and not your organization. If additional staff would like to attend the same webinar, each individual must register as themselves to receive their unique login link. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDA is committed to making our educational sessions accessible to everyone, regardless of ability, and to reasonably accommodating the assistive needs of our members, attendees and partners. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our offerings. In so doing, we strive to comply with the available standards and guidelines under the Americans with Disabilities Act and related laws to the greatest extent possible. If you are having trouble accessing an IDA offering, or have a question regarding session accessibility features, please contact IDA at email@example.com for assistance.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.