Overview: Whether your district has experienced significant growth or is in need of revitalization, a downtown master plan is an important tool in charting a path for intentional development that aligns with community goals. Join us this experienced panel of urban planning and place management professionals as they explore the basics of master plans and get actionable insights your team can apply today.
- Understand the basics for initiating a master plan including when it is needed, when the right time is to start the process, and an overview of the planning process.
- Articulate the components of a master plan including existing conditions, visioning, planning and design analysis, and implementation and funding.
- Explore the different partners and stakeholders involved in the process, and the different roles that placemaking organizations can play.
March 26, 2021 | 11:15am ET (8:15am PT)
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
CM | 1
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for this webinar. More information about AICP’s CM program can be found here
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Beth Elliott, AICP, Senior Urban Planner, Stantec (Minneapolis, MN)
- Jeff Fluhr, President, Wichita Downtown Development Corporation (Wichita, KS)
- Derrick LaPoint, President/CEO, Downtown Moorhead Inc. (Moorhead, MN)
- David Downey, President & CEO, International Downtown Association
Registration information: When registering for a webinar, please complete the sign-up as yourself and not your organization. If additional staff would like to attend the same webinar, each individual must register as themselves to receive their unique login link. Questions? Email email@example.com.
IDA is committed to making our educational sessions accessible to everyone, regardless of ability, and to reasonably accommodating the assistive needs of our members, attendees and partners. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our offerings. In so doing, we strive to comply with the available standards and guidelines under the Americans with Disabilities Act and related laws to the greatest extent possible. If you are having trouble accessing an IDA offering, or have a question regarding session accessibility features, please contact IDA at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.