Overview: This practical and tactical session will address the opportunities and challenges downtowns and commercial districts have in repositioning our public spaces in the post-COVID-19 world. The panelists will address flexible design strategies, safe and healthy operations and working with businesses, public agencies and partners to creatively address new uses and demands for our sidewalks, streets and open spaces.
June 12, 2020 | 11:15am ET (8:15am PT)
- Learn what works when considering bringing restaurants and other businesses outside to the sidewalk to achieve physical distancing.
- Learn what issues to consider in operations and programming when developing a plan to reopen parks and open spaces.
- Learn strategies to consider when designing or redesigning streets sidewalks and other open spaces to increase flexibility of use.
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Shaun Drinkard, Senior Director of Public Programming and Operations, Tampa Downtown Partnership
- Mukul Malhotra, Principal and Director of Urban Design, MIG, (San Antonio, TX)
- Philip Winn, Director of Parks & Place, San Francisco Parks Alliance
- David Downey, President & CEO, International Downtown Association (IDA)
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.