Overview: Streets can be one of the biggest underutilized assets for any downtown. Whether you are interested in creating new public space using the roadway or activating existing pedestrian areas, street murals are one of the highest impact and lowest cost approaches. Besides beautifying a neighborhood with color, they also celebrate the arts, communicate narratives of change and present a remarkable opportunity for public engagement. Learn more about the what, why, and how from a BID executive, an artist and a tactical urbanism expert.
- Learn about the impacts of street murals and how to leverage their benefits.
- Understand the project development process including site selection and working with artists.
- Gain familiarity with mural costs and logistics from choosing paints to worksite safety to volunteer management.
- Discover pros and cons, tips and tricks with case studies from experienced mural implementers.
September 17, 2021 | 11:15am ET (8:15am PT)
Domain: Public Space Management and Operations
Pricing: IDA Members: Free | Nonmembers: $40
Advancing Places is an online series aimed at empowering IDA members with the solutions needed to address the most critical urban issues of the day. This session will include a moderated Q&A and will be recorded for member and nonmember use in the future.
- Brad Carney, Brad Carney Studios LLC (Philadelphia, PA)
- Tony Garcia, Principal, Street Plans (Miami, FL)
- Ed Janoff, Deputy Director, Union Square Partnership (New York, NY)
- Carolyn Dellutri, Director of Professional Development, International Downtown Association (IDA)
Registration information: When registering for a webinar, please complete the sign-up as yourself and not your organization. If additional staff would like to attend the same webinar, each individual must register as themselves to receive their unique login link. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDA is committed to making our educational sessions accessible to everyone, regardless of ability, and to reasonably accommodating the assistive needs of our members, attendees and partners. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our offerings. In so doing, we strive to comply with the available standards and guidelines under the Americans with Disabilities Act and related laws to the greatest extent possible. If you are having trouble accessing an IDA offering, or have a question regarding session accessibility features, please contact IDA at email@example.com for assistance.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Gain access to an audience of urban leaders who want to learn about your product or service.
Interested in Membership?
IDA membership provides resources and solutions to help organizations grow and thrive.
For registration assistance or further information, please contact IDA’s registration team.